Close out one chapter, start a new one.

Stories, News and General Yakking
PHPaul
Site Admin

Close out one chapter, start a new one.

Post by PHPaul »

I've ridden motorcycles for more than 55 years, starting with a Honda 90 my Dad bought me right after High School.

My most recent one was the fastest I've ever owned, a 2016 Yamaha FJ09, a 900cc triple:
fj1.jpg
fj1.jpg (14.31 KiB) Viewed 364 times
I was starting to have thoughts last season about it being time to quit riding, and my first ride this season cemented it. Combination of pain from arthritis in my hands and a close call due to inattention. So I've sold the big bike and the little bike (a Kawasaki Ninja 400) is up for sale.

However, I'm NOT done having toys, just changing the genre so to speak. After several weeks of looking and leaving a shopping list with three different used car dealers, I brought this home today:
sidepass.jpg
sidepass.jpg (31.56 KiB) Viewed 364 times
1990 Corvette, 350 and a 6 speed manual. 20,435 original miles.

I've lusted after a Vette since I was a kid in high school 1964 to 1968, pretty much the Golden Age of muscle cars.

I got what I think was a helluva deal on it, thing is immaculate inside and out and all I can find so far that it needs is new wiper blades and (if reasonable) the rear window in the convertible top replaced as it's pretty cloudy.

Drove it 100 miles home and it turned in just over 20MPG which I found pleasantly surprising.

Getting in and out of it IS a bit of a challenge, but well worth it and the driving position is very comfortable.
GeneMO

Re: Close out one chapter, start a new one.

Post by GeneMO »

Some people grow older, but never grow up !! :lol:

Gene
PHPaul
Site Admin

Post by PHPaul »

GeneMO wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:17 pm Some people grow older, but never grow up !! :lol:

Gene
That's my motto: "I can't avoid growing older, but you can't MAKE me grow up!"
GeneMO

Post by GeneMO »

I use to try to keep up that "run like Hell" attitude, but it is harder and harder now days.

Gene
PHPaul
Site Admin

Post by PHPaul »

Took the Vette to my mechanic today. After a thorough inspection, the only problems found were a tiny patch of surface rust on a frame bracket and a weeping tailshaft seal on the transmission. I'll take it back later this month and have the seal replaced. Of course, being a Vette, it's a huge pain in the ass to get at and will take about $280 of labor to replace a $20 seal.

Other than that, put the tires back where they belong (wheels are directional and traditional rotation messes things up) balanced them and set the air pressure. Same tire size on all four corners.

Not bad for a 34 year old car.