Stories, News and General Yakking
Bkeepr

Great tunes from your youth?

Post by Bkeepr »

PHPaul
Site Admin

Re: Great tunes from your youth?

Post by PHPaul »

Growing up, Dad wouldn't have a radio in the house, nor in the car. I didn't catch the music bug until I left home. As a result, most of my favorites are 70's rock-and-roll with a few late 60's pop tunes.

Until recently, my hearing loss made listening to music frustrating as it was pretty flat. A couple of months ago I downloaded Spotify on my phone and it IS better with hearing aids, but I've pretty much fallen out of the habit of having music in the background.
Bkeepr

Post by Bkeepr »

Wow! Any idea why he wouldn’t have a radio? (My Dad wouldn’t have a gun in the house, based on combat experience in WW II)

I’m sorry, because we really did have the best music in the 50s, 60s and 70s. Pretty much pales the further you get after that.
Jim @ Jawa

Post by Jim @ Jawa »

Oh yes, the good old days.
Can you name the tune that these lyrics go to?
"I tried to cut between two headlights there until I found out they were a matching pair."
;)
PHPaul
Site Admin

Post by PHPaul »

Bkeepr wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:16 pm Wow! Any idea why he wouldn’t have a radio? (My Dad wouldn’t have a gun in the house, based on combat experience in WW II)

I’m sorry, because we really did have the best music in the 50s, 60s and 70s. Pretty much pales the further you get after that.
Not entirely sure. I think he considered it unnecessary noise. On the car end, he was just too cheap to pay extra for a radio. Never owned a car with AC or power windows either.
Okierob

Post by Okierob »

My dad wouldn't play a radio either. My mom would sometimes play on in the kitchen while cooking. She did have some records I'd listen to of old rock and some country. I had a portable radio I would take out to the shop and listen to. 50's-80's is what I grew up listening to. I don't listen to any modern stuff.
GeneMO

Post by GeneMO »

I like anything from CCR to Marty Robins and even Blue grass. I was friends with one of the Dillards ( Darlins on Andy Griffith)
Jim @ Jawa

Post by Jim @ Jawa »

Show showing your age Gene. :)
GeneMO

Post by GeneMO »

I am 69. Figured I should have died at about 35. Been living on borrowed time ever since. I even like some of the 90's music. Van Halen, a little AC/DC, Eddie Grant. Not too particular. But mostly like the older country stuff, and of course Hank Jr. and Sr.

Gene